Friday, November 16, 2012

Potty training might just kill me {UPDATE}

To read the back story go here.

This is my sweet boy Preston.

Let me define sweet: determined, stubborn, rotten, hard headed, and at the flip of a switch the sweetest most loving boy on Earth.

As I talked about previously he's well behind the potty training curve. My big boy is almost 3 1/2 I know. We've been trying and trying and trying FOREVER. FOREVER=11 months. Last week we (husband and I) decided we would take a break. Everyone was burnt out on trying to get Preston to go on the potty. Even our 5 year old was tired of all of it. So we took a week long break be went back into diapers and resumed his role as a forever baby.

Monday morning we got up and I let preston know he was no longer a baby. That he was done with diapers. We sat on the potty and we went potty. It's now Friday and this has been a great week. Yes, he's had accidents. Yes, I've gotten frustrated. But only twice. In 4 days only twice. In this family this is something worth celebrating.

Being a mamma to this little guy is so much easier when I'm not having to nag about the potty. I hate to say it but potty training this little man was making me not enjoy my role as a mom. We were all so stressed. I'm not saying its over, but my goodness it's so much better.


Have you ever had a situation like this where you had to stop completely in order to accomplish what you started?

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness. Look at him in those aviators! Preston is SUCH a cutie!!

    ReplyDelete