Thursday, November 1, 2012


What’s your greatest fear?
I remember before I was a mom I had fears about who I was going to be or what I was doing with my life. Looking back I had no idea, A fear is so much more when its fear for someone else.
As a mom my greatest fear whole-heartedly surrounds my children. I worry so much about the life I am giving them, am I doing enough, are they happy enough, and what is enough.
My oldest was born smart. She has always learned and thrived. So we push her, I worry sometime we push too much. I worry we focus on things that don’t really matter and she’ll grow up sad and missing something.
My middle child is hardheaded and stubborn. We do a lot of things his way.
I hate to say it but the youngest or as I so lovingly refer to him, as “the baby” is just that my baby. I know children are supposed to be different so we treat them as such but are we doing enough.
Being a parent is hard. I don’t think it’s the act of being a parent that makes it hard it’s the not knowing how you are doing. The hardest part about being a parent is you don’t know if you’ve done a good job until its too late until they are grown and on their own to make decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment