Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Banana oatmeal cookies

I keep seeing these really yummy looking recipes on pinterest for cookies that only have a few ingredients. And for a while I have shied away from them with the thought that how could something so simple actually taste good. The other morning I got a random early morning text from my neighbor and friend about oatmeal banana cookies that in her words were amazing. Intrigued I asked about what all was in them. Simple 3 ingredients quick oats, bananas and chocolate chips. Easy enough!
I have to say they aren't quite cookies but I am not sure what else you could call them other than delicious. To me they taste like banana bread. They are totally kid approved also. 

I made some changes to the recipe making it my own. I replaced the quick oats with rolled oats and added some flax. Now brace yourself this may be the easiest cookie recipe you will ever try.

 Ingredients:
2 ripe or over ripe bananas
1 cup oats
1 table spoon ground flax (optional)
1/4 cup chocolate chips (optional)




I mashed the bananas and oats together with a fork then mixed in the flax and chocolate chips. Bake for 15 minutes at 350. Seriously it's that easy. 

2 comments:

  1. I made these a few weeks back and they were disgusting. I am thinking I didn't use ripe enough bananas!! I will have to try them again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, thanks for sharing the recipe! Hope your having a great week!,

    -Kayla :)

    ReplyDelete